Nate Ullrich's blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Mac n' Cheese and Shoe Strings

Shoe strings are fairly replaceable right? I guess not. I am in
desperate need of shoe strings for a pair of nice shoes that I have and
they don't seem to sell replacements here in Thailand. I love living
here, but next to missing family the hardest thing to deal with in a
different culture are these little "inconveniences." I have spent 22
years getting used to having mac and cheese and replacement shoelaces
and now I can't have either. TV I have learned to live without
(probably for the better) and I have learned to read books in stead. I
have given up Mac n' Cheese and now I eat cow pot and chicken and
sticky rice. I was ok with these changes, but I didn't think I would
have to give up shoe laces. So I guess tomorrow I will continue my
quest to find some sort of replacement as mine are about 12 inches
shorter then they need to be from various breakages.



God is good, and really this is just a pain more than anything, but I
thought I would share the odity of the situation. Hopefully somebody
will at least chuckle at the situation and somebodies day will have
been made. I know that even just thinking about it kinda puts a smile
on my face. Ahhh the sacrifices we must make.

No comments:

Post a Comment